Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day, Birthday and Week 2 New Quilt Bloggers Hop

2015 New Quilt Bloggers Group



Hi Quilty Friends,

I hope everyone has had a great weekend.  Not only did I get to spend Father's Day with my Dad, I also celebrated my birthday with the family - my two sons and their significant others, my parents, and my wonderful husband.  What more could I ask for?

For Father's Day, I made a pillow for my dad with a picture of the 611 steam engine.  The 611 is a big deal around here, especially since it was recently refurbished and returned to Roanoke last month.

I used printable fabric in my inkjet printer to print the 611 picture and found some great Riley Blake fabric to frame it.  I thought the stars and stripes were awesome!




Here's a picture of my dad with his gifts.




Just for fun, here's a picture of me today with the ring my sweet husband gave me for my birthday.  I actually wore makeup today, I usually only manage that about once a year.




Now on to our 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Hop!  Last week I had the pleasure of introducing myself and I've made a bunch of new blogger friends.  Coming up this week in the Sew Fabulous Hive are:




Adrian@ http://quiltingfabulous.blogspot.ca/

Thanks again to our wonderful hosts who are 'sew' supportive.  Be sure to check in with them, as well, to enter Week 2 giveaways!

Stephanie @Late Night Quilter

Happy quilting!




No comments:

Post a Comment